Noodles – $2.19
2 Cans of Tuna – $2
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom – $2.50
Can of Mushrooms – $1.59
Shredded Cheddar Cheese – $2.99
Yellow Onion – $1.07
Total Price: ~$12.34 (without chips and peas)
Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-tuna-casserole/ (I’ve used this a few times already.)
- Only used about 1/4 of an onion. If you’re not a raw onion person, either dice the onion up really small or leave it out completely.
- Don’t add cans of water like you would if you were making Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Took a lot of time just waiting for the water to boil for the pasta.
- Left out the potato chips. I’ve included the potato chips before. Warning: You may not have many or even any chips leftover after you crush a cupful from a large bag of Lay’s chips.
- I used 1/2 cup of peas instead. I had peas at home so that’s not included in the price.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Please ignore my horrible quality photos. I took them using my Macbook because I was too lazy to get my phone from upstairs while I was cooking. But you get the gist of it!! This is one of my go-to recipes because it’s cheap, pretty easy, and lasts me a few meals and it tastes delicious!! If you like cheesy, creamy, and mushroomy, you’ll probably like this! Don’t hesitate to go for the chips either. I’ve tried it before and it adds some crunch as well as a bit of salty flavor.