As some of you may know, I recently purchased my first car (with the help of my parents for the down payment). In order to fully equip it, I have loads of stuff organized in my car that I may ever need. Here are the items I have in my car and I hope it gives you ideas of what you can put in yours. You never know when you’ll need any of these items!
- New car paperwork
- Tissues – I have a small pile of tissues but if it fits, I suggest a small tissue box like those found in hotels like this one.
- Phone car stand
- Sunglasses – 2 pairs just in case I take one with me and forget to put one back.
- Microfiber towel – To wipe my side mirrors in the morning if there’s condensation.
- Hair ties
- Phone car charger
- Mini sample of perfume – In case I feel like smelling really good.
- Quarters – For metered parking, of course 😦
- Hair clips
- Hand sanitizer – People (including myself) will eat in the car. To clean the hands!
- Handwipes – When hand sanitizer just won’t cut it.
- Lint roller – For fabric seats to control the hair that sheds all over the place. Or for unexpected linty clothes when going somewhere important.
- Napkins – Can never have too many of these!!
- Car box – This box stays in the trunk all the time and is filled with more miscellaneous items. (See photo below.)
- Throw blanket – For spontaneous picnics, bonfires, drive-in dates, or just when you’re hanging out in the car cold.
- Single use hand wipe/floss/mouthwash – I received this; didn’t buy it for myself but felt like the car would be a great place to have it!
- Deodorant – Unexpected sports or activities?
- Vaseline – For those days I forget chapstick; remember to stand it up; it can leak!
- Plastic bags – For grocery shopping when you forget to bring a bag.
- Pair of socks – Specifically for if I go shopping for shoes when I’m wearing flip flops or go bowling in flip flops or sandals and need a pair of socks.
- First aid kit – Mostly for the bandaids.
- Tissues – Can never have too many of these!
- Tampons (or any other feminine products for the ladies) – Never know when you’ll need them.
- Sweatshirt/hoodie – For days I underdress or nights I didn’t plan on being out (not pictured).
- Water bottles – Super important. I always find myself thirsty or have passengers who want water (not pictured).
- Squeegee – To wipe off that morning condensation.
- Garbage bag – This is the one I have that I line with a small plastic bag and it works really well.
- Body lotion – When I leave the house and forget to put lotion on my legs.
- $20 in cash – For unexpected toll fees (if you don’t have a FasTrak) or any other miscellaneous things, like if you forget your wallet at home.
If you have any other items in your car that I didn’t list, feel free to comment and share! 🙂